Evident signs of water infiltration include rivulets, drops, or a puddle on the floor. Mark the leak’s location if it only occasionally occurs, either physically or on a facility map or roof plan. The location where water is leaking does not always indicate that there is a roof leak directly overhead but identifying the location where water is leaking will assist your roofing contractor with a leak investigation later.
- Stains on the Ceiling or Wall
Because ceiling tiles are permeable, they readily take up moisture from a leaking roof.
- Higher Electricity Bills
Thermal resistance is measured by R-value. Insulation’s ability to stop the flow of heat (i.e., R-value) is significantly reduced when it gets wet. Your building’s heating and cooling systems may need to work harder to make up for a roof leak that results in widespread saturation of the insulation.
A musty smell is a surefire indicator of mould. Moisture also exist when there is mould. You now need to deal with two major issues as a result of a roof leak that causes mould to grow. Even though not all mould and mildew can be linked to a roof leak, you shouldn’t completely rule it out without conducting a comprehensive examination.
- Rooftop Bubbles
Heat makes water that can’t escape from the roof system into vapour, which pushes up against the roof membrane and creates bubbles or blisters. If you have one of these, your roofing system is likely leaking water, which will eventually cause damage inside your building.
Rust on the underside of an exposed metal deck indicates that there is probably a roof leak. This is dangerous in addition to being ugly. Rust is a symptom of corrosion that, if left unattended, can compromise the roof deck’s structural integrity, demanding an expensive replacement.
- Rooftop Plants and Punctures
Water has the potential to infiltrate the roof system through any damage that tears a hole in the membrane or slices through it. If seedlings are beginning to sprout, the roof system has likely already been colonised by their roots. It won’t be long before you notice water inside the structure.
Commercial Roof Waterproofing System
- Pvc Waterproofing Membrance System One layer of PVC waterproofing membrane is deployed as a single layer in the field after being manufactured in a factory. It comes in a roll and can be mechanically attached to the roof substrate, glued to, or loosely laid. For any residential, commercial, or industrial buildings, PVC membranes offer a variety of benefits. Most importantly, it increases the building’s longevity while requiring little upkeep and repair. For more information, please refer to the article below at: https://structuralrepairs.com.my/reasons-why-we-choose-pvc-waterproofing-membrane-to-waterproof-rc-flat-roof-rather-than-the-traditional-membrane-system/
- Polyurea Waterproofing System
Polyurea can provide all the following desired characteristics at the same time:
- Fast, consistent reactivity and cure – in seconds!
- Moisture and temperature insensitivity during processing
- Excellent physical properties elastomeric qualities
- Very low permeability, hydrolytically stable
- High thermal stability
- Extremely durable & corrosion protective
- Chemical Resistant
- Many more
- Rubber Polymer Waterproofing System
It is an easily applied liquid that forms a flexible seamless waterproof anti-fracture membrane and self-cures liquid rubber polymer. It can be applied to horizontal or vertical surfaces, both inside and outside. It can directly bond to PVC and metal plumbing fixtures. It has up to 3mm of anti-fracture protection against non-structural cracks like shrinkage cracks. It is non-flammable and free of solvents
Please take note that the projects mentioned above are merely some of our areas of expertise. Our specialty is not limited to the above project references. We also provide services for other kind of roof waterproofing systems which are not mentioned above.
Call your roofing contractor as soon as you see a leak. To identify the source of the water and assess the damage, they can conduct a leak evaluation. Rapid action can aid in lowering the scope and expense of the required repair.
A qualified contractor can assess the severity of your roof leaking problems and recommend the best course of action.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require more information. Our team will be happy and glad to assist you.
Kindly visit to our website at https://structuralrepairs.com.my/ or contact us at Tel: +603-91731728/29 Whatsapp: +60 12-334 9113