What is external wall waterproofing?
What are the reasons for causing the water seepage in the external walls?
What are the common causes of water seepage through the external walls?
- Material permeability and absorption
- The wall’s construction joints
- Rising moisture brought on by capillary action
- Wall cracks and joints Separation gaps
- Honeycomb structures in plaster or concrete
What are the methods of waterproof the external walls?
- Surface Preparation The surface of the facades that will be insulated must first be cleaned and readied for waterproofing. This procedure entails cleaning the wall surface of debris like dirt and dust. In additions, treatment of cracks should be done to stop the water seepage through the crack lines.
- Application of Waterproofing Material The application of external waterproofing products is the following stage. This technique is used to seal off outside walls from any liquid that might come into contact with them. In addition to more traditional techniques like waterproofing membranes, crystalline powder and liquid additives work extremely well at making concrete impermeable by forming an insoluble crystal structure in the pores and capillary cracks of the concrete.
In Structural Repairs (M) Sdn Bhd, we will often do a site inspection to identify the leak’s main root cause prior to making a recommendation for the best course of action. Rapid action can aid in lowering the scope and expense of the required repair.