What is expansion joint?
Why are expansion joint repairs necessary?
It is crucial to repair the expansion joint once you detect cracked joints on it. This is because further cracking can be occurred not just in the joints, but in the concrete floor itself if you fail to repair it on time.
Additionally, it is costly and time-consuming to replace the cracked concrete slabs rather than replacement of expansion joints in concrete.
When to repair the cracked expansion joint?
- Hairline cracks developing into larger caverns
- Pieces of expansion joint material beginning to loosen and dislodge
- Discoloration and water retention during regular cleanups
- Repair the existing expansion joint? or
- Remove the existing expansion joint and replace with the right product?
What are the long-term benefits of the expansion joint?
- Peak Performance: It allows the concrete slabs to expand and contract naturally. There will be no damage from bending or breaking.
- Economic Return: If the expansion joint is repaired or replaced correctly, the joints should give you long years of service without any further cost incur.
- Superior Safety: If the expansion joints are repair or replaced professionally, it can minimize tripping hazards.
- Low Maintenance: If the expansion joint is installed, repaired or replaced by a professional company that specializes in expansion joint work, you’ll definitely lower your maintenance work in the long term.
How to maintain expansion joint in good condition?
- Cleaning: Keep dirt and debris out of your expansion joints. Expansion joint can crack if the moisture of the debris seeps into your expansion joints.
- Drying: Don’t allow standing water to remain on your expansion joints for too long.
- Weeds and plant growth: Remove the weeds and plants growing in your expansion joints immediately. Their roots can damage the expansion joint.
How to repair the expansion joint? With project reference
Expansion joint replacement and repair should be attended by professional company. If you do not have the right knowledge, materials and tools to fix the failing expansion joint, it can give you unnecessary costs and damage. Different expansion joint problems require different solving methods. It is advised to hire a professional company to identify the correct method to repair or replace the expansion joint. Consequently, this can save the cost and prevent further damage.
We, Structural Repairs (M) Sdn Bhd is dedicated to safety, quality, and performance. We have the solutions to solve your expansion joint problem with 30 years of experience in the industry. For expert concrete expansion joint repair, contact us today!
Kindly visit to our website at https://structuralrepairs.com.my/ or contact us at Tel: 603-91731728/29