It is frequently said that the most effective technique to deal with the issue of weak soils is to use a compaction grouting treatment. Over time, weak or granular soils that have voids and cracks can settle, potentially leading to serious foundation issues.
What is compact grouting/soil grouting?
Compaction grouting is a technique for filling any voids and strengthening weak soils’ bearing capability. It comprises injecting high-viscosity mortar, concrete, or another grouting material into the soil at a controlled flow rate to fill up any gaps or voids.
In what circumstances/cases, we will use compact grouting application?
- Repair of sinkholes
- Stabilizing underground formations for pipes
- Solving foundation settlement issue
- Enhancing inadequately compacted fill
What are the benefits of compact grouting?
- Cost-efficient – Compact grouting is easier to apply compared to other soil stabilization method. The materials using are inexpensive compared to other method.
- Limited access requirement – Compact grouting is ideal for tasks with limited access because it doesn’t require as much heavy equipment.
- Can solve the foundation settlement issue – Compact grouting can be used to solve foundation settling beneath existing commercial buildings because of its precision. Even multi-story structures, including both residential and commercial rental properties, can employ it.
- No connections to current foundation structures are required – Although compact grouting can be used to solve the foundation settlement issue in existing buildings, there is no requirement for connections to existing foundation structures.
- Rapid results – The ground’s bearing capacity is quickly increased via compact grouting. This keeps building and site remediation initiatives on schedule.
Why to choose a specialized contractor to perform the compact grouting?
It takes a lot of specialized techniques, equipment, and knowledge to compact grout for weak soils. Only licensed and insured personnel with adequate knowledge to comprehend site circumstances should be used by property owners and building builders.
Instead, invest the time in conducting in-depth interviews with potential contractors, requesting references, and requesting a portfolio of finished work. The ideal applicant will be able to present a portfolio that includes comparable projects as well as recommendations or endorsements from prior local clients.
Compact grouting is the ideal solution for securing the foundations of multi-story buildings or preparing a site for new construction. This method is most cost efficiency way to solve the foundation settlement issue in the existing buildings except for large commercial and industrial structures. Just be sure to work with an experienced compact grouting contractor to make things success.
A qualified contractor can assess the severity of your foundation settlement issue and recommend the best course of action.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require more information. Our team will be happy and glad to assist you.
Kindly visit to our website at https://structuralrepairs.com.my/ or contact us at Tel: +603-91731728/29 Whatsapp: +60 12-334 9113