What is expansion joint?
Why are expansion joint repairs necessary?
Additionally, it is costly and time-consuming to replace the cracked concrete slabs rather than replacement of expansion joints in concrete.
When to repair the cracked expansion joint?
What are the signs to trigger your attention for repairing expansion joint?
- Hairline cracks developing into larger caverns
- Pieces of expansion joint material beginning to loosen and dislodge
- Discoloration and water retention during regular cleanups
- Water ingress issues, leaks in wall and expansion joint areas
- Problems due to poor workmanship
Questions to ask yourself: –
- Repair the existing expansion joint? or
- Remove the existing expansion joint and replace with the right product?
What are the long-term benefits of the expansion joint?
- Peak Performance: It allows the concrete slabs to expand and contract naturally. There will be no damage from bending or breaking.
- Economic Return: If the expansion joint is repaired or replaced correctly, the joints should give you long years of service without any further cost incur.
- Superior Safety: If the expansion joints are repair or replaced professionally, it can minimize tripping hazards.
- Low Maintenance: If the expansion joint is installed, repaired or replaced by a professional company that specializes in expansion joint work, you’ll definitely lower your maintenance work in the long term.
How to maintain expansion joint in good condition?
- Cleaning: Keep dirt and debris out of your expansion joints. Expansion joint can crack if the moisture of the debris seeps into your expansion joints.
- Drying: Don’t allow standing water to remain on your expansion joints for too long.
- Weeds and plant growth: Remove the weeds and plants growing in your expansion joints immediately. Their roots can damage the expansion joint.
How Structural Repairs (M) Sdn Bhd can help to solve your problem in expansion joint?
- By keeping water and debris out of the joints, you may lower maintenance costs and extend substrate life.
- Perform better and endure longer than traditional joint sealing materials.
- Repairing cracked or spalled slab edges at joints in concrete floors exposed to high usage from forklifts and hard-wheeled vehicles in a durable manner.
- Professional consultation: We carefully examine your site condition to identify a solution that will produce results that last a long time.
- Materials have a quick cure time, reducing repair time.
- Horizontal and vertical solutions available.
We, Structural Repairs (M) Sdn Bhd is dedicated to safety, quality, and performance. We have the solutions to solve your expansion joint problem with 30 years of experience in the industry. For expert concrete expansion joint repair, contact us today!
Kindly visit to our website at https://structuralrepairs.com.my/ or contact us at Tel: 603-91731728/29