History Of Polyurea Technology
- Automotive RIM (Reaction Injection Molding)
- Simultaneous development of polyurea technology – Texaco Chemical Company & Bayer Corp
What is Pure Polyurea?
- In the 1980’s, an advancement in elastomeric polymer chemistry.
- Made based on reactive amine terminated resins and high-performance isocyanate prepolymers.
- These resulting polymer systems possess certain characteristics suitable for rapid process applications.
- It is not Polyurethane.
- Polyurethane is catalyst-dependent whereas Polyurea does not.
- The polyol in polyurethane is moisture-sensitive and blistering results whereas Polyurea are not moisture-sensitive.
Structural Repairs (M) Sdn Bhd is the pioneer of Polyurea applicator in Malaysia
Followed by “Proposed Remedial work to police HQ, Ipoh Perak in the same year”.
Why Polyurea today?
- Fast, consistent reactivity and cure – in seconds!
- Moisture and temperature insensitivity during processing
- Excellent physical properties elastomeric qualities
- Very low permeability, hydrolytically stable
- High thermal stability
- No solvents
- No VOC (volatile organic compound) emissions Polyurea is somehow environment-friendly and no harm to human health. Hence, it can apply in the drinking water tank too.
- Extremely durable & corrosion protective Polyurea is withstands high abrasion, impacts, and extreme mechanical stress.
- Extremely elastic Elongation up to 1000 % & being extremely elastic, polyurea has great crack bridging ability and abrasion resistance.
- Chemical Resistant Polyurea can withstand chemicals by applying the appropriate topcoats.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor spaces When it comes to operational temperatures, polyurea offers a wide temperature area. It will cure also in -20°C temperature.
- Cures within seconds It is walkable within less than a minute, fully cured in 24 hours, immersion tolerant in 1-3 days.
- Abrasion Resistance
- Corrosion Protection
- Chemical, Environment or Atmospheric Resistance
- Structural Enhancement
Areas of Application
- Roof Coatings and repair Wastewater
- Treatment Lining
- Sewer Linings and Manholes
- Freight ship liners
- Off-shore and Marine Structures
- Bridges and Tunnels
- Piers, Wharfs and Sea structures etc.
- Pipe Protection and repair
- Tank coatings (e.g. cooling, petrochemical, drinking water etc.)
- Truck bed liners for containers
- Architectural Decorations
- Car park decks
- Cleanroom use, Hospital flooring
- Waterproofing Work At KLCC Water Tank By Using Pure Polyurea Waterproofing System
- Waterproofing Work At Bangunan Parlimen Malaysia By Using Pure Polyurea Waterproofing System