Reinforced concrete (RC) water tanks are susceptible to cracking and leads to leakage.
Various factor can cause cracks to appear in RC water tank structures and they are a common problem in RC Water Tank. Water from the tank may seep into the concrete through these cracks and leads to degradation and corrosion of steel reinforcement embedded in the concrete. Therefore, we recommend waterproofing the RC water tank with our Polyurea Waterproofing System before putting the RC water tank in service.
Structural Repairs Sdn. Bhd. is able to deliver RC Water Tank repair and waterproofing works with superior quality to sort out any RC water tank’s issues. Our Polyurea Waterproofing System protects the RC water tank from any water damage by preventing water from penetrating the concrete.
RC Water Tank Polyurea Waterproofing System:
1. Remove any loose laitance layer from the concrete surface, grind off any sharp protrusions and sharp external corners to a smooth radius by using disc grinder.
2. Drill and inject single component polyurethane (PU) resin into the leaky cracks, construction joints or points (if any) to stop active leakages.
3. Thorough cleaning to the concrete surface.
4. Level surface irregularities by using epoxy mortar.
5. Apply epoxy primer onto the prepared concrete surface prior to application of polyurea waterproofing coating system.
6. Spray polyurea onto the primed surface by using “GAMA” plural-component spray equipment.
7. Completed RC Water Tank with Polyurea Waterproofing System